An Ultimate Guide On Pregnancy Body PillowRosemary M. Miser
When you are pregnant, it is more and more important to take care of your body. From your diet to the way you sleep, you must develop a good habit that keeps your body and mind in a comfortable state during pregnancy. It is especially important to feel comfortable while sleeping, and this is where the pregnancy pillow will help you.
- 1 What is Pregnancy Pillow?
- 2 Why Do You Need a Pregnancy Pillow?
- 3 Types of Pregnancy Pillow
- 4 How to Choose the Best Pregnancy Body Pillow
- 5 Things to Consider Before Buying a Pregnancy Pillow
- 6 How Much Does a Pregnancy Pillow Cost?
- 7 Where to Purchase Pregnancy Pillow?
What is Pregnancy Pillow?
Pregnancy pillow is a pillow specially designed for use by pregnant women. The pillow has a different shape compared to the regular pillow, as it was designed according to the body shape of a pregnant woman. The main benefit of a body pillow for pregnancy is to provide the best comfort in your sleep. It also helps you reduce fatigue, insomnia, back pain and other sleep problems that usually appear during pregnancy.
The pregnancy pillow is designed to be soft and comfortable for sleeping, focusing on supporting your stomach so as not to harm your unborn baby while sleeping. In addition to supporting your stomach, several pregnancy pillows are designed to support your entire body and allow you to sleep in any position you feel comfortable with.
Why Do You Need a Pregnancy Pillow?
Although a pregnancy pillow is not an essential bed in bed during pregnancy, it is important to know the benefits of this type of pillow during the entire pregnancy. You may still be able to sleep properly with your regular pillow during pregnancy, but you will always find that using a pregnancy pillow can greatly improve the quality of sleep. It gives you more rest while you sleep and helps you wake up and feel refreshed.
Here are some reasons why you should use a pregnancy body pillow while you sleep:
- It helps you to keep your body relaxed, regardless of the position you choose during sleep. The maternity pillow helps to give your body a continuous rest of the night, especially if you change your sleeping position repeatedly.
- It prevents allergies during sleep, which are often caused by the substances in the pillow. Pregnancy pillows generally use safe substances that help prevent allergies and breathing problems during sleep.
- It helps keep your body relax during sleep, with a special focus on your stomach. With this pillow, you can be sure that your unborn baby will also feel uncomfortable. This way, you can wake up and feel relaxed because your sleep quality improves significantly.
Types of Pregnancy Pillow
There are different types of pillows available on the market today, and you can divide pillow types into four types. Each of the pillows has different advantages and disadvantages.
These are the types of pillows available:
- Wedge Pillow: The wedge pillow is the simplest type of pregnancy pillow that you can discover on the market easily. The main goal of a wedge pillow is to support your stomach and make it comfortable during your sleep. This type of body pillow is usually used in addition to the regular pillow that you can actually use, as it is not compatible with any other area of the body during sleep. Although this type of pillow is easy to use and transport, it does not provide any back and head support, and is the biggest drawback to this type of wedge pillow.
- U-Shaped Pillow: The U-shaped pillow is perfect for pregnant women who want to sleep comfortably on their side. The U-shaped pregnancy pillow provides good support for the abdomen, head and back while sleeping on both sides of the body. You can switch between the left and right sides of your body without feeling any discomfort as it is designed for this. The biggest downside to the U-shaped body pillow is that it is not designed to sleep on your back.
- C-Shaped Pillow: The C-shaped pillow is probably the best type of pregnancy pillows that pregnant women can use because it provides support for the head, back and legs, while allowing you to sleep comfortably on our side. The C-shaped pregnancy pillow is the most popular type that pregnant women use, and it is the most used. The disadvantages of this pillow are that you must turn the pillow over when you want to invert the sleep position.
- J-Shaped Pillow: The J-shaped pillow is designed to support the head and abdomen while sleeping, and is the best type of pillow for those sleeping on the back. If you like sleeping on your back, you can use the J-shaped pregnancy pillow to make sure you can sleep comfortably at night. The biggest downside to a J-shaped body pillow is that it will make you feel a little uncomfortable if you use it to sleep on your side, as it does not provide support for your back.
How to Choose the Best Pregnancy Body Pillow
Choosing the best pillow for you is a matter of providing maximum comfort to your body, depending on your sleep habit. In addition, you should pay more attention to the discomfort you feel during sleep, whether it be back pain, an allergic reaction, trouble breathing, a headache, and so on. The pillow you choose should be able to relieve pain during your sleep.
Here are some tips for choosing the best pregnancy pillow for pregnant women:
- Type of Pillow:
The type of pillow you choose can contribute to your comfort during your sleep. Whether you choose a C-shaped, U-shaped, j-shaped, or wedge pillow, it can help reduce your discomfort dramatically during your sleep by choosing the pillow type carefully. Take a look at discomfort during sleep, as well as the usual sleep position. Depending on the sleep position and body areas required for support, you can choose the best sleeping pillow.
While there are different materials used in different pregnancy pillows, you can choose the ones that feel most comfortable with. Just by looking at the regular pillow you use, you can choose the pillow with the same kind of material to give your body more comfort. However, it is always advisable to choose a soft pillow to give you maximum comfort during your sleep.
Since most pregnancy pillows available today are more expensive than regular pillows, you need to think about the price of the pregnancy pillow that you want to buy. First, don’t buy an expensive pillow. Today, there are many extra pillows available on the market. Second, you should always be aware of the value you get from your investment in purchasing a pregnancy pillow.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Pregnancy Pillow
- Your Sleep Habit:
Each pillow of pregnancy pillows are primarily designed to support your sleeping position, so you will not have less sleep during pregnancy. When you provide adequate support to your body while you sleep, you will be able to sleep more comfortably. This way, you can also wake up with a cooler feeling in the morning. Therefore, the first thing to consider before purchasing a pregnancy pillow is to pay more attention to your sleeping habits. If you like sleeping on your side, you can choose a C, wedge, or U shape pillow. If you have a back sleep, you can choose a J shape pillow.
- Your Sleeping Discomforts:
If you are having trouble sleeping and have many problems while sleeping, such as headache, back pain, neck pain, etc., it will be important for you to support those parts of the body while you sleep to relieve pain. Sleep discomfort is very common in pregnant women, and choosing the right type of pillow helps reduce the level of discomfort during sleep. If you just need to support your stomach, you can choose a wedge pillow for simplicity. If you want to support your neck and back, you can choose a C-shaped pillow and if you want to support your neck and stomach, you can choose a J-shaped pillow and if you want full support for most of your body, you can choose a U-shaped pillow.
- Your Body Size:
What is your body size? You should choose a pillow based on your body size. Always check the size information provided on the pillow, so that you do not purchase the wrong size pillow. If you buy a pillow that’s too big or too small, it won’t give you any relief during your sleep.
How Much Does a Pregnancy Pillow Cost?
Most pregnancy pillows are more expensive than regular pillows that you can find on the market today. However, the cost of a body pillow depends on several factors, such as the materials that fill the pillow, the brand, quality and more. In general, a good pregnancy pillow can cost you between $ 50 and $ 100, depending on these factors. However, a good, expensive pillow may not necessarily be comfortable for you, so always choose the pillow according to the criteria above.
A good way to choose the best pregnancy body pillow for you is not by choosing the cheapest, nor to choose the most expensive. The price of the pillow does not specify the general satisfaction you can obtain from it. It is better to choose your pillow based on the value of the pillow you choose, rather than the price they offer you. If they are expensive, but not of value to you, you should choose a cheaper one that provides more value and health benefits.
Where to Purchase Pregnancy Pillow?
The pregnancy pillow is available in most local stores, and if you can find some health stores in your area you can also find this product there. However, it will be better and cheaper to buy a carry pillow online through Amazon, as you will have many choices for this product on the website. Once you search on the keyword – pregnancy body pillow on Amazon, you can find hundreds of products to choose from, and you can compare prices between brands and products. You can also read pregnancy body pillow reviews during pregnancy, giving you an informed decision before purchasing the product.
When buying from Amazon, you can also get a free shipping offer, which means you get the pillow you want to buy without spending more on shipping charges.
If you want to feel more comfortable sleeping during pregnancy, you need to use a good quality pregnancy pillow. This is especially true when you have problems during your sleep. Common problems during pregnancy are persistent pain during sleep and back pain, and a good pregnancy pillow can help you gradually reduce it. When you start using this product, you can have a cooler feeling when you wake up after a long night’s sleep. It can also help you to keep your body and fetus healthy.
However, it is important to choose the right pillow type for your body, depending on different criteria, such as habit of sleep, body size, etc. You should also choose the pillow that offers the best value for money, as you can make the most out of your investment. It is preferable to purchase a pregnancy pillow online through Amazon because it gives you an informed purchase decision before deciding to purchase a pillow in the coming months.